questions about ratings.ssp

Volker Pittlik-2
It seems to me the ratings.ssp hasn't been updated for some time (more
than two years to be exactly). I'm working on a small python program
what reads the monthly ratings published by FIDE and updates the
ratings.ssp with that data.

If have some questions about that:

There is a copyright statement in the file "ratings.ssp" ("Copyright (C)
2001-2015. Franz Nagl Heinz van Saanen", maybe these people are reading
here).  Of course I can update ratings.ssp for my own. But I want to
avoid trouble if my script will ever do it's job so good that I can
publish the updated result. I could create a complete new ratings.ssp
based on the data published by FIDE but that would be a lot of more work
what is not necessary. At least I hope so.

Also I would to make sure my assumptions about the format of
"ratings.ssp" are correct.  Would someone here be so kind to answer some
more detailed questions about these topics? If I missed a description of
the format of ratings.ssp please let me know where I can find it.

Regards

Volker Pittlik
([hidden email])

Re: questions about ratings.ssp

Fulvio
Hi,
at the beginning of the file ratings.spp there is the description of the
format (it is common with the spelling.spp).
The lines with elo informations are very simple:
%Elo YEAR:ELO_1PERIOD,ELO_2PERIOD,ELO_3PERIOD,... YEAR:ELO_1PERIOD,...

Feel free to ask if you have any further doubt.
There is also a compile flag that can be activated.
If you compile Scid with:
mkdir spell && cd spell
cmake -DSPELLCHKVALIDATE=ON ..
make

the ratings.spp file will be checked when opened and eventual errors will be
written to a ratings.spp.validate file.

Bye,
Fulvio