no rank letters or file numbers on SCID game display?

no rank letters or file numbers on SCID game display?

Steve Cogan
I just installed SCID 4.6.2 Is there any way to toggle on the Rank and file letters and numbers?
by default they are off. I cannot figure out how to turn them on.

Re: no rank letters or file numbers on SCID game display?

Benoit St-Pierre
Hello,

To toggle the board coordinates:

(1) click on icon under the chessboard that shows three horizontal lines. It looks like the Heaven (Qian) trigram in Yi-King.

(2) click on the icon at the right. It looks like two angles meeting to form a box.

(3) click on "Show/Hide coords"

***

I might as well try to update that page:

Fulvio has added a new menu under the chessboard, which I rather like, even if it takes some time to get accustomed.

What should I call it?

Re: no rank letters or file numbers on SCID game display?

Steve Cogan
St. Pierre, I cannot thank you enough. It was bugging me and I looked everywhere but there!!

Thanks a bunch!

By the way this interface is awesome!

Sincerely,

Steve Cogan

On Tuesday, May 31, 2016 10:07 AM, Benoit St-Pierre <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello,

To toggle the board coordinates:

(1) click on icon under the chessboard that shows three horizontal lines. It looks like the Heaven (Qian) trigram in Yi-King.

(2) click on the icon at the right. It looks like two angles meeting to form a box.

(3) click on "Show/Hide coords"

***

I might as well try to update that page:

Fulvio has added a new menu under the chessboard, which I rather like, even if it takes some time to get accustomed.

What should I call it?

Re: no rank letters or file numbers on SCID game display?

Chris Bannister
On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 10:06:20AM -0400, Benoit St-Pierre wrote:
> Fulvio has added a new menu under the chessboard, which I rather like, even
> if it takes some time to get accustomed.
>
> What should I call it?

It seems to be called 'nav burger' although the name is not very
intuitive:

https://www.newfangled.com/user-experience-mobile-menus-and-nav-burgers/

--
The media's the most powerful entity on earth.
They have the power to make the innocent guilty

Re: no rank letters or file numbers on SCID game display?

Benoit St-Pierre
It seems to be called 'nav burger' although the name is not very intuitive:
https://www.newfangled.com/user-experience-mobile-menus-and-nav-burgers/

Brilliant. Thanks!

I'd need a name for both the game navigation arrows and the nav burger.

I'm thinking of something like the Board Menu, since all the functionalities are somehow related to the board.