Scid 4.1 released

Pascal Georges
Everything is in the subject :-)

Pascal

Re: Scid 4.1 released

Israel Chauca Fuentes
Administrator
On Jan 2, 2010, at 11:09 AM, Pascal Georges wrote:

> Everything is in the subject :-)
>
> Pascal

The mac binary is available at:
http://cachivaches.chauca.net/scid/

Israel

Re: Scid 4.1 released

Paljas
> On Jan 2, 2010, at 11:09 AM, Pascal Georges wrote:
> >
> > Everything is in the subject :-)

eh, release notes or a changelog isn't :-)

I suppose I have to get the tar to find out...

cheers,

Re: Scid 4.1 released

Pascal Georges
scid-4.1
========
- Features :
------------
- Added the display of arrows when several variations are available. The
display can be toggled using the menu Options -> Moves -> Show arrows
for variations (Thanks to Fulvio)
- When playing a move already existing in a variation, the variation is
automatically entered into. To add a new variation starting with the
same move, the menu Edit-> Add variation must be used (Thanks to Fulvio)
- Added undo feature (10 undos max). Shortcut is Ctrl-z.
     For coders : rollback points are set by calling {sc_game undoPoint}
in Tcl or sc_game_save_for_undo() in C++.
- Updated Scid Pocket to new base format (version 4). Version 4.1
includes Robbolito chess engine, which is by far the best of all !
Really impressive. It outweighs all other engines on Pocket PC.
- Fixes :
---------
- entering comments for last move of a line was broken
- setting the blunder flag from maintenance window was broken ("?" was
considered part of a regular expression)
- when compacting a game file, custom flags description was lost
- custom flags description are now commited to index file as soon as
they are modified
- Informant values were overwritten by default values at startup
- UCI engines : send "go infinite" instead of "go infinite ponder"
because it is not handled correctly by some engines and "go infinite"
seems sufficient
- fixed a bug when USCF piece set was selected and the library tkimg not
installed (under Linux)
- UI may be unresponsive when an engine outputs lots of garbage when
nearing a mate. Fixed for UCI engines only as I don't have an example of
such misbehaviour of an xboard engine.
- Fixed a possible buffer overflow when parsing a malformed PGN (Thanks
to Fulvio)
- Modified slightly UCI parser in order to get Prodeo to work (there's
no garantee that Prodeo will work as it does not comply to UCI protocol)
(Thanks to Shiv Shivaji)
- Fixed an error popping up when pressing right arrow very quickly with
the variations window displayed and engines taking all available CPU
- Fixed impossibility of stripping comments and variations when display
of short headers was turned on.
- Rewrite of "Review game" code : moves are no longer in comments,
engine analysis is updated more often
Le 05/01/2010 22:10, Henk van Lingen a écrit :

>> On Jan 2, 2010, at 11:09 AM, Pascal Georges wrote:
>>
>>> Everything is in the subject :-)
>>>
> eh, release notes or a changelog isn't :-)
>
> I suppose I have to get the tar to find out...
>
> cheers,

Re: Scid 4.1 released

Remco Gerlich
Super work, thank you!

Remco

On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 10:41 PM, pgeorges <[hidden email]> wrote:
scid-4.1
========
- Features :
------------
- Added the display of arrows when several variations are available. The
display can be toggled using the menu Options -> Moves -> Show arrows
for variations (Thanks to Fulvio)
- When playing a move already existing in a variation, the variation is
automatically entered into. To add a new variation starting with the
same move, the menu Edit-> Add variation must be used (Thanks to Fulvio)
- Added undo feature (10 undos max). Shortcut is Ctrl-z.
    For coders : rollback points are set by calling {sc_game undoPoint}
in Tcl or sc_game_save_for_undo() in C++.
- Updated Scid Pocket to new base format (version 4). Version 4.1
includes Robbolito chess engine, which is by far the best of all !
Really impressive. It outweighs all other engines on Pocket PC.
- Fixes :
---------
- entering comments for last move of a line was broken
- setting the blunder flag from maintenance window was broken ("?" was
considered part of a regular expression)
- when compacting a game file, custom flags description was lost
- custom flags description are now commited to index file as soon as
they are modified
- Informant values were overwritten by default values at startup
- UCI engines : send "go infinite" instead of "go infinite ponder"
because it is not handled correctly by some engines and "go infinite"
seems sufficient
- fixed a bug when USCF piece set was selected and the library tkimg not
installed (under Linux)
- UI may be unresponsive when an engine outputs lots of garbage when
nearing a mate. Fixed for UCI engines only as I don't have an example of
such misbehaviour of an xboard engine.
- Fixed a possible buffer overflow when parsing a malformed PGN (Thanks
to Fulvio)
- Modified slightly UCI parser in order to get Prodeo to work (there's
no garantee that Prodeo will work as it does not comply to UCI protocol)
(Thanks to Shiv Shivaji)
- Fixed an error popping up when pressing right arrow very quickly with
the variations window displayed and engines taking all available CPU
- Fixed impossibility of stripping comments and variations when display
of short headers was turned on.
- Rewrite of "Review game" code : moves are no longer in comments,
engine analysis is updated more often
Le 05/01/2010 22:10, Henk van Lingen a écrit :
>> On Jan 2, 2010, at 11:09 AM, Pascal Georges wrote:
>>
>>> Everything is in the subject :-)
>>>
> eh, release notes or a changelog isn't :-)
>
> I suppose I have to get the tar to find out...
>
> cheers,

Re: Scid 4.1 released

Israel Chauca Fuentes
Administrator
I have fixed a problem where Toga wouldn't run on Mac OS X 10.5, I have updated the package so you only need to download it again.

Cheers,
Israel