Scid 4.0

Pascal Georges
Hi,

Scid 4.0 is released at http://scid.sourceforge.net/

Pascal

Re: Scid 4.0

Israel Chauca Fuentes
Administrator
Mac binary available at:
htt://cachivaches.chauca.net/scid/

I haven't tested it on Snow Leopard yet, haven't found the time to
install it, so let me know if it works there too.

Enjoy!
Israel

On Sep 1, 2009, at 1:06 PM, Pascal Georges wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Scid 4.0 is released at http://scid.sourceforge.net/
>
> Pascal
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/scid-users

Re: Scid 4.0

Charly Founès
Got the following error with Options/bases directory... (same
situation with books):
---
bad directory "/Applications/Scid.app/Contents/Resources/bin/bases"
bad directory "/Applications/Scid.app/Contents/Resources/bin/bases"
     while executing
"tk_chooseDirectory -initialdir $scidBasesDir -mustexist 1"
     (procedure "setTacticsBasesDir" line 3)
     invoked from within
"setTacticsBasesDir"
     (menu invoke)
---

Fixed by creating two empty "bases" and "books" folders in Scid.app/
Contents/Resources/bin/
also to avoid the error at startup.

I also get an error when opening bases:
error opening index file

Using File/Open returns:
---
bad directory "/Users/x/Documents/Chess Games/Scid_twic"
bad directory "/Users/x/Documents/Chess Games/Scid_twic"
     while executing
"tk_getOpenFile -initialdir $::initialDir(base) -filetypes $ftype -
title "Open a Scid file""
     (procedure "::file::Open" line 29)
     invoked from within
"::file::Open"
     (menu invoke)
-----

Double clicking on a .si3 file finally offered to upgrade to .si4.
After that the Open function worked normally.
Now all is fine.