R: Re: A new version of Scid is available

R: Re: A new version of Scid is available

Fulvio
Hi,
it has been years since I used Slackware, and after your e-mail, I decided to
install the latest version (14.2 32bit) and see how it's changed.
It was so nostalgic! First the setup told me to partition my hard drive with
fdisk and then to configure LILO! And startx...
Made me feel a little bit old, but it was fun.

About the execute permission of Scid's configure script, how did you
decompressed it?
Worked fine for me with:
unzip scid-4.6.4.zip
cd scid-4.6.4
./configure && make && ./scid

Bye,
Fulvio

Re: R: Re: A new version of Scid is available

Werner Haas
Hi Fulvio,

> it has been years since I used Slackware, and after your e-mail, I decided to
> install the latest version (14.2 32bit) and see how it's changed.
> It was so nostalgic! First the setup told me to partition my hard drive with
> fdisk and then to configure LILO! And startx...
> Made me feel a little bit old, but it was fun.
>
> About the execute permission of Scid's configure script, how did you
> decompressed it?

I found the mistake I made. I was in Linux when I unzipped the file with
"unzip" but I did it on a NTFS harddisk. This seems to be the reason that
configure and some other files didn't get executable rights on my system.

> Worked fine for me with:
> unzip scid-4.6.4.zip
> cd scid-4.6.4
> ./configure && make && ./scid

I tested it again and it worked without any trouble on my EXT4 formatted
harddisk :-).

All the best

Werner