Problem with deleting twin games

J. Wesley Cleveland
I ran delete twin games on a database and it says that these two games are dups. What is going on?

[Event "?"]
[Site "?"]
[Date "????.??.??"]
[Round "?"]
[White "?"]
[Black "?"]
[Result "*"]

1.Nf3 d6 $5 *

[Event "?"]
[Site "?"]
[Date "????.??.??"]
[Round "?"]
[White "?"]
[Black "?"]
[Result "*"]

1.g4 d5 2.Bg2 c6 3.h3 e5 4.d4 e4 5.c4 Bd6 6.Nc3 Ne7 7.g5 Be6 8.h4 Nf5 9.Bh3 O-O *

Re: Problem with deleting twin games

Denis Navas Vega

SCID consider both games as duplicates, because share exactly the same game tags.

In your database you games not played between individuals and therefore, SCID does not how to resolve this ambiguity. I sugest to export those games to pgn and use pgn-extract.exe, by David J. Barnes, to dedup those games and import them in a different database dedicated to sample games.

El 2017-may-19 a las 18:55, J. Wesley Cleveland escribió:
I ran delete twin games on a database and it says that these two games are dups. What is going on?

[Event "?"]
[Site "?"]
[Date "????.??.??"]
[Round "?"]
[White "?"]
[Black "?"]
[Result "*"]

1.Nf3 d6 $5 *

[Event "?"]
[Site "?"]
[Date "????.??.??"]
[Round "?"]
[White "?"]
[Black "?"]
[Result "*"]

1.g4 d5 2.Bg2 c6 3.h3 e5 4.d4 e4 5.c4 Bd6 6.Nc3 Ne7 7.g5 Be6 8.h4 Nf5 9.Bh3 O-O *

Re: Problem with deleting twin games

Fulvio
J. Wesley Cleveland wrote:
I ran delete twin games on a database and it says that these two games are dups. What is going on?
Hi,
please select the "same moves" criterium (image attached).

J. Wesley Cleveland wrote:
> I ran delete twin games on a database and it says that these two games
> are dups. What is going on?

After further investigation I found this:
// There are a lot of "place-holding" games in some database, that have
// just one (usually wrong) move and a result, that are then replaced by
// the full version of the game. Therefore, if we reach here and one
// of the games (or both) have only one move or no moves, return true
// as long as they have the same year, site and round:

The first game do have only one full move (two half-moves) and that move
is ignored.
It is worth noting that this happens only if the criterion "ignore games
under 5 moves long" is not selected.
Bye,
Fulvio