Missing directory

Girolamo Castaldo
Another little bug: if you (re)move the directory where you stored your DBs and then try to open a DB located in another directory, SCID (4.0) will complain about the missing directory and won't let you select the new directory to open the DB.
A simple workaround is to create a new DB in the new directory, so SCID will set the latter as your current directory and let you open DBs stored there; not a big deal, but not exactly user-friendly.

Re: Missing directory

Pascal Georges

2009/12/2 Girolamo Castaldo <[hidden email]>
Another little bug: if you (re)move the directory where you stored your DBs and then try to open a DB located in another directory, SCID (4.0) will complain about the missing directory and won't let you select the new directory to open the DB.
A simple workaround is to create a new DB in the new directory, so SCID will set the latter as your current directory and let you open DBs stored there; not a big deal, but not exactly user-friendly.

I don't see any problem. Do you use a Mac ?

Pascal

Re: Missing directory

Pascal Georges
So this what says Tk doc for tk_getOpenFile :

"-initialdir directory
Specifies that the files in directory should be displayed
when the dialog pops up.  If this parameter is not specified, then
the files in the current working directory are displayed.  If the
parameter specifies a relative path, the return value will convert the
relative path to an absolute path.   This option may not always work on
the Macintosh.   This is not a bug.  Rather, the General Controls
control panel on the Mac allows the end user to override the
application default directory.  "

I have no idea how a Mac works. If someone with one can look at this...

Pascal

2009/12/2 Girolamo Castaldo <[hidden email]>
Yes (OS X 10.6.1).

 Subject : Re: [Scid-users] Missing directory

 Date : Wed, 2 Dec 2009 22:14:34 +0100

 From : Pascal Georges <[hidden email]>

 Cc : [hidden email]

2009/12/2 Girolamo Castaldo

> Another little bug: if you (re)move the directory where you stored your DBs
> and then try to open a DB located in another directory, SCID (4.0) will
> complain about the missing directory and won't let you select the new
> directory to open the DB.
> A simple workaround is to create a new DB in the new directory, so SCID
> will set the latter as your current directory and let you open DBs stored
> there; not a big deal, but not exactly user-friendly.

I don't see any problem. Do you use a Mac ?

Pascal

Re: Missing directory

Israel Chauca Fuentes
Administrator
On Dec 2, 2009, at 3:47 PM, Pascal Georges wrote:

> So this what says Tk doc for tk_getOpenFile :
>
> "-initialdir directory
> Specifies that the files in directory should be displayed
> when the dialog pops up.  If this parameter is not specified, then
> the files in the current working directory are displayed.  If the
> parameter specifies a relative path, the return value will convert the
> relative path to an absolute path.   This option may not always work on
> the Macintosh.   This is not a bug.  Rather, the General Controls
> control panel on the Mac allows the end user to override the
> application default directory.  "

That refers to another behavior and has nothing to do with the problem at hand. I think this is fixed in the new Tcl/Tk 8.5 based in Cocoa (I ship Scid with the Carbon based version), I'll take a look into this later.

Israel

Re: Missing directory

Girolamo Castaldo
Nope, my SCID 4.0 is using Tcl/Tk 8.5.7.

Date : Wed, 2 Dec 2009 16:08:29 -0600
From : Israel Chauca Fuentes <[hidden email]>
To : Pascal Georges <[hidden email]>
Cc : Scid Users List <[hidden email]>

On Dec 2, 2009, at 4:16 PM, Girolamo Castaldo wrote:

> Nope, my SCID 4.0 is using Tcl/Tk 8.5.7.

Did you downloaded Scid as a mac application? if so, it uses Tcl/Tk 8.5.7 based on Carbon. If that's not the case, it depends on where you got your Tcl/Tk frameworks.

Israel

Re: Missing directory

Girolamo Castaldo
Yes, it was a .dmg file.